View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #12
DarkSlide77
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewayzAsFck View Post
Ended up going with a CD009 brother and I wouldn't look back. You can get them brand new for a little less than 2k if push comes to shove, it shifts better (T56 has a more truck feel to it I?ve heard), and holds up just as great as any t56. It?s also smooth as butter and I haven't even filled the trans up with new oil yet.

Myself and 2 other friend are running similar big turbo setups. My setup specifically is a < 50k mile cd009, Collins adapter kit (the entire kit offering from them isn?t bad from them actually), monster stage 3 ls1 clutch with billet FW (custom spline installed by monster for the cd009 costed extra $150), definitely get a remote bleeder, gktech shifter adapter relocation + Collins trans mount, running z33 axels + auto z33 VLSD 3.3 gear ratio. Also the modification needed to make it work is very easy and there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. It does cost a good amount for the initial setup but it?s very similar to the LS swap itself where the swap parts are really the bulk of the cost but if you destroy the motor or trans the replacement cost is much less than other alternatives ( Sr/jr/rb or t56).

Just a small note, I actually bought a Pontiac gto bellhousing (I did not know & had a lot of trial and error before figuring it out) by accident off the forums and finding a starter was a pain as they have a slight differences in design (which makes the gm starters not fit) and not all stores keep the gto starters in stock.

Sorry just saw this now...

I see you?re running a lower gear ratio. How does it drive? I?m going to be running the stock 4.08 rear end. I?ll be using it for drifting but I?m still worried it might be a bit too short. Do you think it?ll be too short with a 4.08 rear end?

How much did you spend on the whole trans swap to get it running? Sound like it gets expensive! I?m completely torn between T56s and CD009.. I don?t know which one will be better for drifting now with a Na 5.3 estimated 330hp AND for future power gains (boosted 5.3 or maybe even LS7 if I can someday afford it) I want to do it once, do it right. Basically.... I want room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarkSlide77 is offline   Reply With Quote