View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #174
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Not to be a downer but that most likely qualifies your car as totaled.
Pobably not totalled just needing to be refined.

If your welding skills suck ass and you want to make a fiber tub, I would go ahead and measure everything out and then make tubs out of cardboard to make sure everything fits and is up to par with the cardboard models.

Then go and get some foam or other mold making materials and make a plug. Then make yourself a female mold from the plug. Then use them both to make a compression mold and make some fiber tubs.

To mount them in, you could use resin and cloth to mold it all in but I would go with something like a small piece of sheet metal on all of the joining areas and attach it with some hex heads or something that way when you fuck it all up you can remove it and repace it.

I have seen this approach here in Japan on a couple of cars, results vary widely. I am a big fan of sheet metal tubs but fiber ones can be functional and look good if done right.

I am working on a Fiber dash mold right now and will hopefully post up my results soon. I am working on busting the vinyl down slightly right now in order to build a smooth surface to work with.

Brian
CursedGTR is offline   Reply With Quote