View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 04:58 PM   #17442
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Considering the overwhelming majority of the automotive community wanted it turbo it could be argued keeping it N/A was DIW.
Oddly enough, I disagree with the 'youngins' on this one. The car is doing a pretty good job of capturing the 'essence of 86' by being dogshit slow. I had a 2013 and I really enjoyed the drive, although I definitely noticed the lack of 'oopmh' in a very publicly disclosed RPM range.

I think people nowadays just want to go fast for no reason. I like the 86 as a 'momentum' car. You have to really be focused on driving to get that out of it.

I know I'm waxing poetic about cars, but TL;DR I don't think staying NA is DIW for this car.