View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #81
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Good news and bad news. Good new is got another motor for 700$. Bad news is I found the torque limit of the factory rods at 350-375ftlbs and it started knocking.

Over the last week I've been pulling the motor and working on my new alternator and PS pump relocation. Today I finally started tearing down the knocking motor.
After pulling the windage tray I could see rod 3 with a very slight S curve in it. The motor still turns over by hand freely but there was a slight tick at TDC.

While I've been tearing it down I've noticed a few other things. First off I found a vac/boost leak with a 2nd map port that never saw before on my TB adapter. I use nether as I'm running haltech built in map sensor. It's getting plugged and I'm moving my BOV vac source to the map port on my j35 TB after taping it for 1/8npt. And my Watergate will now get reference from the compressor housing, hopefully this will help with boost control wanting to initially spike and help me get traction in 1st by lowering base boost by about 1psi. 1/8npt.
Next came making a prototype bracket for my new belt setup that allows for easier tensioning and removal of the alternator with out removing the intake. Prior to this the TB was actually laying on the top bolt of the alternator. This involved hand machining 3/4x1 1/4 AL bar stock and welding a few pieces for the idler pulley and ps pump lower bracket. Soon I have a buddy of mine mill a billet version along with an actual bushing for the idler not a m10 bolt welded to a m8 bolt... picture of my TIG welding jig for that

I've always used thermal gaskets on my intake especially if they come with the intake manifold but the Skunk 2 one that came with my intake didnt match the port correctly nor did the throttle body adapter gasket. So I matched them to the port while lightly polishing the intake to help with top end power.

I got a little more instore for this but I'm outa time as i have to go to sea for a brief underway. Wont be a long wait tho before I have it running agian.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote