View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 01:32 PM   #65
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
After some test driving the cooling setup got bleed to the point where i could cruise at 70mph @3300rpm and hold 185F CLT. Then swirl pot came in, fits perfectly and really cleans up the engine bay. I havent got it run that cool yet but i think its dependant on the weather. generally it crusises around 191-195F during the day and almost thermostat temp at night.

i also swaped out my the VLSD for a welded diff with the Skyline diff cover i picked up while i was in Japan awhile back.

now that temps are under control I've been talking with greaser about getting a tune soon. Driving this around is real fun and its tough not beating on it yet. I got the AFRs close and all functions are currently on except for EBC. on the highway its tough to keep this thing out of boost with how quick it wants to spool after 3000 rpm then VTEC kicks in hard at 4000 rpm (for now). it reminds me of driving the shark car with a stock RB25DET NEO except I'm in the low-mid 300hp range running only 6 PSI. cant wait see the tuner and put some timing back into this monster and enable boost control. heres a little tease with how soon the S257SX-E wants to spool.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote