View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #9
JoelC

Trader Rating: (0)
JoelC is making a name for him/her selfJoelC is making a name for him/her self
I guess I should address what I’m going for with this car at this point. The scope I had for this car previously was to put in a full cage and prep it for pro-am. More recently I realized that professional driving is a massive financial drain and i’ve seen more than my fair share of drivers quit altogether because of the cost.

As a result, i wanted to keep this car as a streetcar/track car. I really am investing in making this a nice car to drive, i’m looking at redoing the interior with sound deadening and fixing all of my faulty electronics. My power goals are pretty conservative, 300-350 whp. I don’t want to sacrifice reliability to make a big power number and the RB should have no problem making that. I’m very interested in learning to paint. I feel like this skill would benefit me in the long run, with me being able to fund the car by doing side work.

Anyway, enough of about what I want to do and more of what I’m doing.

I picked up some kouki headlights yesterday. They’re used JDM OEM ones. They came with the corners which made me happy! I had a hard time finding these as I really wanted a used set. I would feel like a real dingus if i broke a brand new $400 discontinued headlight.