View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 06:17 AM   #27
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by *brett* View Post
which 1jz vvti came with the mechanical cable? what years? i dont even know what they look like
They all do. If you refer to the Drive-by-Wire Options section I wrote, you will see even the DBW throttle body uses a mechanical cable to actuate the throttle...except it just changes a potentiometer instead of the actual throttle plate. Watch the video in that section if you're unclear

Basically steer away from 1JZ VVTI's with the ETCS-I stamped on the throttle body. It can work just fine but I would prefer the mechanical one. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
Great thread for reference. Going to check my 1jz oil pump when I get home, hoping it's in spec! $200 less I have to spend to get going lol

As for the front & rear main seals it's the 'NATIONAL' part numbers right? These should fit a 1jz non-vvti correct?
Thanks! Yep I actually used 2JZ front and rear main seal numbers from RockAuto and they fit correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnissanman View Post
my cars running...sounds like semi truck
Nice dude, post a video!

Giving David video for two more videos this weekend. Got all my shit in finally and have had some time to make progress this week. Should be started and running this weekend.. driveshaft comes in next week and driving not too long after.