View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #654
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I don’t really get why so many people are hung up on this “s-chassis are rattle boxes” thing. I’ve driven a few S13s that had solid-mounted-everything and bare interiors, and those cars were certainly rattle boxes. But that wasn’t Nissan’s doing, it was their own. My ex had a bone-stock (minus catback) ‘91 coupe, and it had no annoying rattle issues. My coupe has JGS rubber engine and trans mounts, poly subframe bushings, and solid arms in the rear, no headliner, half a carpet... it was fine. Not as quiet as the ex’s stock car, but still far better than several others I’ve driven. The only time I ever had rattle issues was with a cheap short shifter, which I fixed after about a week, or whenever I had an exhaust setup that hit the body or the subframe.

These aren’t luxury cars. Fix your janky shit, lower your expectations, and if need be, invest in some proper sound deadening.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote