View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #22538
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrowne View Post
I'm back with another timing question...

New cams and cam gears are going in now and I cant seem to get the dark coloured chain links to line up at 10 & 12 where the dowel pins are.. I rotate the engine over and over by hand and put the crank pulley to the second notch from the left but cant seem to make it happen...

help.
You will only ever get those links to line up when you install the timing chain for the first time. Just set TDC of compression stoke (cam lobes facing out), and mark the links with a grease pencil before removing the chain.

Other option is to drop the oil pan and put the colored link on the crank gear, like you were starting from scratch.

Also, the links don't line up with the dowel pins, they line up with a dot on the gear itself.

Here's what I did when I replaced my VTC gear, zip tied the chain so it didn't move.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote