Thread: Ka24et FAQ
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #12
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin240
That Import-AutoPerformance manifold looks nice. Equal Length runners is what I was looking for. Except I don't like where the wastegate piping is. So when I purchase the manifold I am going to cut the piping off, get it welded up and relocate it to where that circle thing is just before the flange.

I am wondering if anyone has done head work to the KA24E, I am going to port and polish the cylinder head myself, use stainless steel swirl polished undecut valves, Manganese-Bronze valve guides.

What I am not too sure about right now is the solid lifters and camshaft. Does anyone have any insight on this?
If your going to do all that with the manifold, just have one custom made for you. Contact Lance at JGS Precision, he'll make you one. Made all my custom parts, and does a great job. www.jgstools.com/turbo/index3.html

The KA24E was used profusely during the previous decade by SCCA NA guys. Geoff at Colt Cams has been working a lot with people from ka-t.org in producing really effective turbo cams for the SOHC. The cam should be cut a little different to run with solid lifters if you want him to work with you on that, he should.

Here's my custom intake manifold Lance made for my SOHC.

veilside180sx is offline   Reply With Quote