View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #82
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
UPDATE TIME

More Photos can be found on my blog

jyw0rld.wordpress.com

So the summer was fairly uneventful. Didnt do a lot of driving, changed plans about 1000 times, parted out a couple of 240sx's to make some side cash, bought and sold a Civic i was planing to build and ended up with a red S13. Was going to do OEM aero on the Skyline but decided to just buy more BN and keep tearing it up.

The 180sx bug bit me again. I was able to pay off my student loans and my truck recently and figured it was a good time to blow money on another money pit since I dont spend money on drugs.

I was searching craigslist and found one in Dallas. Pretty clean chassis and it was red which is what I always wanted to have. Got it pretty cheap but it has its issues.

The seller said it had a S14 KA in it but the previous owner messed up the wiring when installing the motor. When we showed up to see the car, we compression tested the motor to which we realize the motor had low compression. So that knocked down the price a bit.

Got it home and started ripping it apart. Found some dirty magazines, panties and condoms under the rear seats. Removed the bumper, hood, fenders and the chassis harness. I plan on replacing the harness so I wont run into any electrical issues if I tried to repair the one in the car that the car came with.

I was planning on just having a KA Type X car again like my last one but a killer deal popped up on a rebuild SR20. Drove up to Dallas once again to pick up the motor. Planning on just putting a S15BB turbo on it and leave it at that.

We had a local event where they set up a replica of Meihan. The Skyline performed just fine and we finally had a "open" track layout which was a good change of pace from just doing 1 lap and getting back in line.

After scooping up the motor, I wanted to give the skyline some love. I recently had the R32 tuned with what I thought was a RB25 turbo but recently determined that its actually a VG30 turbo. Power is great once it hits boost but the lag is bad. So i was either going to get a RB25 or search for a HKS2530. After searching, someone on a Facebook page found me one in Canada for a really good deal. I plan on having it dyno tuned again when Martin from RS-Enthalpy visits town again.

Finally, a Kouki bumper showed up for sale. No one locally wanted it so the seller dropped the price down alot and then I bought it. I originally had purchased a whole Type X kit in Japan only to find out that the seller couldnt ship it so I got a refund. Bumper came with all the bracket and side extensions as well. Score!

So where Im at now. Im getting married in 2 weeks so progress will slow down on the 180sx until I get back from the honeymoon. Im hoping to have the HKS turbo installed and Martin to send me a base tune so that I can drive the car a little to see if the HKS turbo is really as good as people say. I would like to take my time with cleaning up the 180sx before putting in the motor and blowing money on suspension so dont expect many updates on that.

Thanks for reading

-JY