View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #7
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
There is no way anyone can tell, you need a wideband AFR sensor and gauge to tune fueling. This is a MAF system so it will match fuel and timing with the air mass entering the engine; turbo or manifold won't impact that unless you send more max air or there is a significant difference in spool and turbo efficiency (cams will though).
As long as you don't floor it or go beyond 10psi you should be fine.

Beware though, modifying fueling also has an impact on required timing.

Anything further is going to need a remap, basically more air = less timing ( it burns faster ). E85 is more friendly to tuning as very less prone to DET than regular fuels, but you still can damage the engine.

If you switch back to unleaded, you are going to need different fueling, but more importantly you really need to back off timing. Basically you can achieve the perfect timing with e85, which is something you can't with unleaded as that perfect timing is in "DET zone".

There are numerous caveats, hence the reason it is a job.

My advice: revert your fueling changes, use the fuel the car was mapped for, break it in nicely without flooring it, don't go over 9-10 psi, you will be fine.

I actually converted to MAP when I went AEM. Thanks for the info, this is what I've been doin when I take it out but due to the cold it's a bitch to get running on E85.
For simplicity I'll stick with E85 until I go to my tuner. I would stay E85 but it's starting to disappear in my area and the highest we have is 91 sadly.

I also have a aem wideband tied in but the gauge bounces all over until I'm holding steady boost about 5psi and higher.