View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #12
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
LOL. I hear this alot. Shit's expensive, but having the right tool for the task is the best. Just the time, and frustration saved.
Absolutely! Having the right tool will make all the difference. A technician is only as good as his tools. So long as my wife doesn't know what I am spending I can keep buying tools lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
I have big tools for diesel...you guys don’t wanna see that. I can tell by just looking at your box and collection you’re an auto mechanic. So many tools that become outdated or are specific to one model/make. No wonder auto mechanics never make it big unless they move into exotic.
There is a lot of truth to that. I own many specialty tools. I do have a specialty that I do in the shop. BMW more than anything MINI & Rolls Royce. I also do alot of Bentley & Mitsubishi Evos. Honestly though I will work on anything. Right now I have a 510 in the shop with a KA24DE lol.

image0 by Hasan Hamade, on Flickr

typer by Hasan Hamade, on Flickr

mini by Hasan Hamade, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
It doesn't sound like you have any idea what you're looking at.... none of what you said applies to those tools.

Pretty hard to follow OP's box, but I'll see what I can do for pictures.
Yes please post this thread needs to get rolling!

You are correct as far as the pictures I posted they all are general hand tools but he does have a point that many things for us become obsolete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Maybe it’s you who should open your fucking eyes. I don’t see one socket over 2”. So now little boy...sit down and be quiet.

Never said anything was wrong with OP’s box, just that auto mechanic speciality tools change by the varying years and it’s hard to keep up to date. Ask an auto mechanic how much money they have invested in tools then ask a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic. I’m willing to bet it’s a lot more for the auto guys.

But again...I have no idea and you’re a fucking tool guru...hope you work for strap on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
You think sockets under 2in only work on one car?

Heavy trucks have tiny fasteners all over them. What he showed there is big enough to do most jobs on most cars, light, and medium duty trucks. Presumably large drive lives in a different drawer. He could work on a car so old the body is tin tacked over wood, or he could work on a late model exotic, or all sorts of equipment. There's nothing model specific about hose pliars and sockets.

So you came to spew random bullshit to feed your ego, and I pointed out that what you said isn't true, and you came all angry and trying to reverse-engineer your statements.

Yeah, auto mechanics certainly need a great variety of tools, unless they do specialize in one thing. But that's not what you said.

Guys come on lets not fight. I want to see those tools. Big diesel tools tickle my fancy. I always loved diesel. I have a F350 and working on that is cool but a Peterbuilt or a real International is something I have no experience with. Show me the tools of the trade.