View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 04:03 PM   #751
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
got vaccinated with Pfizer as well back in March thankfully. Have to say overall the US has done great with rollout of vaccinations.

Planes are pretty hairy. Took a southwest 1 hr flight 2 weeks ago and plane was more or less full. Would not be brave enough to take a 5-6 hr flight to east coast like that. However have been thankful for track events still going on mostly unhindered. That has been great for mental health.

Regardless trying to savor the moment. fingers crossed there won't be another horrendous outbreak with some mutant strand resistant to current vaccines.
I went to Hawaii in February. The required testing before the flight added at least some pice of mind before boarding the mostly full flight. Had zero issues going there and coming back. The mental benefit far outweighed the risk.

Got my second round of Moderna yesterday. I have some mild soreness at the injection site, but I'd gladly accept that in order to sleep as hard as I did last night again lol

The reinfection after vaccine does have me concerned, but appears to be lower than the flu shot so idk. Might just have to get re-upped every year or two as it mutates. I don't think it'll be a one-and-done type of a thing. More like an EA expansion pack kind of a thing.

India gettin rekt by some mutant covid currently makes me not all that confident that Covid is going away anywhere near as quickly as we're acting like it is. It's like people think just because there's a vaccine that it's "over" and can rawdog all the fresh air they want and start putting fingers in each other's mouths again. We're just a bunch of dirty, lazy, selfish idiots living in denial. I would be 0% surprised if the human race gets taken out by a plague in the next 100 years