View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 05:24 AM   #44
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Long overdue update:

Got the car registered. Passed without any issues since it was un-fucked-with. Went to install my parts after doing my research and the front rotors didn't fit: I needed S14 brakes no matter what. A friend of mine just so happened to be at UpGarage and sent me a picture of some S14 brakes for a great price. Another friend with an UpGarage account ordered them from me. Can't thank these guys enough for helping me out!

SO. I was able to get a week of leave approved to get some shit done. This included things beyond working on my car. My wife's Aunt & Uncle came to Yokohama (from Kumamoto, Google Maps the distance) for a conference and we met them there for dinner and a walk around town. they stayed at Landmark Tower in a room near the top. The view didn't disappoint.

Later that same week my wife and I went to Tokyo to get our passports. She was able to but I didn't have everything I needed. It was a nice walk from the train station to the Embassy.

After a week of non-car related stuff I ended up back at the garage on base to get the car done. On the first day I got the rear all handled with the occasional help of a friend of a friend (that ended up being a friend of mine) that happened to be at the shop.

Adjusting the RUCA a little with minutes to spare before closing:

On the second day I worked on the front only to find out I needed to hack the heat shields to avoid rubbing on my new front rotors.

One of the guys that works at the shop happened to have some touch-up paint handy. After sanding down the letters a little I opted to paint the NISSAN letters black:

My wife came by to have lunch and we went to a local Home's store to get some hardware for the RUCA. The DMax RUCA require extended bolts where they connect to the spindle. I don't really like this so I'll be upgrading to Battle Version RUCA sometime soon.

After my wife and I drove to get the bolts/nuts she dropped me off and I buttoned the car up for the ride home. The fucking heat shield still rubbed on the passenger's side on the way home and the front was still set at pre-runner height. Thank God there are no pictures of that shit. Got the car home, lowered the front in the dark, and let it sit overnight.

Went outside the next morning and got to work adjusting things. My dog doesn't care about safety:

This was on Sunday. Got the car to a reasonable stopping point and decided to relax on my last day off. Car definitely needs more adjustments (read: low) to look good. Threw on my 5mm spacers in the rear.

...and that's where it sits right now. The KTS coils are pretty bumpy. Might consider upgrading suspension and selling these or using them on the two-tone. We'll see how it goes.

Parts Installed:
KTS Coilovers
Ichiba F/R Hubs
DMax RUCA
S14 K's F Brakes
Project Mu D1 Brake Pads