View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #61
engineer17

Trader Rating: (0)
engineer17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post
What? If you guys really "feel" that way. When the last time you guys went out and voted? When was the last time you took a active step in voicing your opinion? When was the last time you wrote your congressman or senator? You guys do realize they need public opinion to survive in any office they are running, so even if they personally don't agree with your voice, they are still basically required to give you attention.

Secondly, this money that is for the FEDs is pipelined and locked within a budget. These rules are in place to keep money from being transferred, untracked, and gives a specific budget justification.

For example. Lets say the FBI needs a average of $10 per year to operate. But because of the tight budget and fighting with other government organizations to get the most amount of money in the same pot which everyone feeds off of, the FBI must come up with sort of justification why it needs $10 for a up and coming year which no one can predict the future. Sometimes with how things are so unpredictable a entire organization, such as the FBI, only used $7 out of the entire year. So that extra $3 is basically locked and MUST be spent before the end of the fiscal year. This money can't go to other notable things because it's completely unethical. In short it sounds awesome to donate that money to find the cure for AIDS or something like buying school books, but in reality and dealing with any kind of law, any government organization giving money away is a complete waste as you can simply say, "why did we budget you $10 for the entire year in the first place?"

It's retarded but that's how the system fundamentally works for a government to move ahead in the fiscal year. I only know of this because I helped do some budgeting for my job in the Air Force and as much as it upset me at first to waste money, the more I looked into the more it makes sense. Whenever we hit the end of the fiscal year in Vehicle Maintenance and we had left over spare cash we would splurge on completely useless shit. Random $5000 tools that look awesome on paper and get absolutely zero action in the shop? We would have to spend our budget or the next year we get even less money to do our jobs as the number crunchers sit back and think "well they did need $10 last year, so lets just give them $5 this year."

Hopefully all that rambling makes sense. But seriously, if this bothers any of you, bitching about it on the internet, especially Zilvia really really really really accomplishes alot. Take 10 minutes out of your day and write your representing congressman, email the media, take proactive steps. The FBI is paid by people like you, me, and even the foreign assholes who come into the US and buy a Snickers bar. These guys have bosses, and just so be it thanks to democracy these bosses represent you.

well put, and thanks for the info. I think this was enough to get me motivated to atleast write some letters/emails and see where it gets me.
Sponsored Links