View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
Videlicet

Trader Rating: (0)
Videlicet is making his/her stupidity well-knownVidelicet is making his/her stupidity well-knownVidelicet is making his/her stupidity well-knownVidelicet is making his/her stupidity well-known
Strange overheating problem

I was driving my car after replacing the transmission, then I parked it for a few minutes leaving the engine running. To my surprise smoke suddenly started coming out of the hood. I quickly turned it off, the temperature gauge had very quickly skyrocketed. Right after that, a plastic connector between two hoses broke, and sprayed out coolant everywhere.

The connector was old and probably gave out under the heat, but the car had overheated before that happened. I replaced that piece but of course the car continued to overheat.

Now usually overheating is something simple like the water pump, or thermostat. My car does not have a thermostat, so the coolant should run freely through there, and I just changed the water pump yesterday, and it still overheats. Today I checked all the hoses and the radiator for clogs. Any ideas on what this might be?

My car is a 240sx S13 1991, with a KA24DE, it's more or less stock aside from an exhaust, a cold air intake, and a CX Racing radiator. The previous owner of the car must have removed the thermostat, and also he seems to have wired the radiator fan to continuously run regardless of oil temp. It's always run cold before, but now it overheats within minutes of driving.
Videlicet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links