View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #161
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSS22 View Post
Hey, nice work man
Thanks for trying my design, when you start using them please share your experience with us, maybe leave a comment on Thingiverse. If you saw my build, you know I can't test it now
Anyway the PLA has low heat resistance so if it softens or start deforming, maybe try ABS or NYLON.
Thanks! I wanted the part made in nylon, since that is what factory looked like. But my uncle's printer is set up for pla right now. I will definetly share when the wipers are functional!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryWhiteS13 View Post
Awesome build man, love the creativity!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
effing crazy. so if I used the 3m body panel cement, do I need that seam sealer? like this for example?
do these spots need that sealer?
I then sprayed primer on it
Hope it all worked out for you!!!

little update.

It's been pretty cold in PA/north east in late Jan/early Feb. so, I haven't been outside in the garage other than to fire up the snow blower or do a quick small job for on some friends cars.. Found a good deal on an RSX *base model* a friend was selling and since my girl was looking for a new car, we test drove it and pretty much ended up with it ASAP.. It has solid engine mounts , custom intake, dc sports header, some kind of exhaust,(it's too loud, and that shows my age ) godspeed coilovers, type-s wheels/spoiler, new exedy clutch and new tires.

I ended up getting rid of that wood stove, found time and a warm(er) day and piped in that forced hot air furnace that was beside the compressor. I got a couple gallons of diesel and fired it up on a 20* day. Surprisingly enough, it warmed up the garage (25x40x10ft ceiling) with open rafters and WELL vented at the ridge vent/sides to about 45-50* in about an hour of it turning the blower fan on/off, with no thermostat and just blowing out of the top of the furnace/no plenum to direct the air. I'll be getting foam board for a ceiling this week, and build/buy a new plenum to sit on top and direct air to where i need it to blow. Having a ceiling will help heat loss SIGNIFICANTLY, eventually ill add some blow-in insulation on top.

Anyway.... I did some work on the car and it's pretty much onto the next step of re-finishing the bay since the firewall is completely welded in place, and just needs sealed up. sprayed a little primer on to prevent surface rust.

I'll be smoothing out the sections of old seam sealer, and making the sections where the fender/tube front bolts to more presentable.

Removing the seam sealer and cleaning up for more welding.

Hopefully another update soon!!

-Jimmy
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote