View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #96
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
you got this! Welcome to the overfender family.
haha thanks jy!

i started modding the overs. car modify wonder doesn't offer the vented overs for coupe so i decided to make my own. luckily my team mate's car has some on his hatch, unfortunately i didn't have any paper on hand, but i just needed it to be in decent enough shape to start a template -> enter paper towel

transferred the crappy trace to a coors box (next best thing to matboard for making templates imo)

tidied it up real nice and verified that it was acurate

then got to cutting

mounted on car kinda decently to figure out how big of a vent i could make and went back to the coors box to make a spacer thingy to keep it in shape for fiberglassing

the slathered some nasty shit on them

kinda a janky method, but i wasn't looking to spend an entire day on these things when i feel like wonder is just going to come out with some actual ones by the time i destroy these hunks of junk. hopefully it won't take too much more work to get them to look good. already spent a decent amount of time blocking them and sanding down all the shitty defects from the mold. don't think origin cares much about the tatakadasi molds now that type 3 flare bullshit is all the rage. anyway, i guess we'll find out if i put enough hardener in the resin tomorrow!