View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #22088
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
At speed it directs air from the bumper into the rad, otherwise the air goes down and around.
His setup sounds like it should be running perfectly. So he either isn't moving enough air across the radiator, is over thinking the exact temps he's seeing, or has a small leak in a hose causing the system to not pressurize properly and read hotter than it should.

As far as leaks go I have none my car sits for a week or two and not a single drop of coolant can be seen, i do check everyday i have a some oil seaping from my oil pan so i consistently check just to make sure the leak hasn’t gotten worse, and also can visually see no coolant on my garage floor.

As far as overthink temps, temps posted are temps coming from PFC commander / and after market coolant temp sensor (PBM EVDM) placed in upper rad hose. Can’t really over think those when it’s a digital read out. I do however understand temps coming from upper rad hose will be at its hottest since it hasn’t gone through the radiator. But if you are looking at PFC temps which coolant has already gone through the rad i read anywhere between 85-90’C (highway/on off boost/and have to have the heater on blast) which is a a tab bit over the 80-82’c that most are stating to be within normal OP range.

Next step for be would be ducting. Also forgot to mention i did get my car painted .. and I’m not to sure how well they covered stuff so would overspray gunk up the cooling fins, causing issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote