View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 12:50 AM   #75
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Hey guys, not sure if anyone is still in progress with this. I just wanted to say this thread was incredibly helpful...

I managed to pull this off in 12 days including sourcing, researching, etc. I can honestly say it's a very simple swap and everything is pretty much bolt on.

This is one of my favorite things I've ever done to my car.... absolutely 0 regrets. I run this on my 450hp SR20VE with a 4.1 FD and it's absolutely perfect. It's almost impossible to grind a gear, even shifting at very high RPM. Unless you're seriously just doing something wrong.

Few small things I did differently than above.

- Instead of the adjustable DSSR, I ended up getting the Garagistic Z3 one, which is WAY too long and had someone shorten it for me. (stainless rod).

- Got a steel 1 piece integrated driveshaft. The driveshaft shop I spoke to mentioned the aluminum driveshafts he's seen with integrated yokes don't end up lasting long. (idk if this is actually true..., but this was cheaper too)

Anways, I created a GoogleSheet as I was doing research to keep track of what I needed to order/source still and realized it ended up almost being a write-up in itself, haha.

Feel free to check it out and PM on IG with any questions you may have (@niekotheboss @driftteamhammertime)! I would say PM here but I don't lurk Zilvia too much anymore.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...iAI/edit#gid=0

Hope this helps!
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote