View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #337
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Update:

Well I've been slightly out of the loop with everything and after the car didn't make the power It should have....some other un-enthusiast stuff (life Happened) and I had to shift priorities for a few weeks there. Always have respect for the death and loved ones lost. It is not directly related to me but my best friend.....Girlfriend lost her grandmother a few weeks ago and so we've been kind of dealing with that. THings have been slowly brewing though.

I got a Care package in the mail thanks to the wonderful Full Function Engineering......Once again..Blown away with the quality and customer service of this company. They will forever be my first choice for accessories!! I know some of you have seen them but Introducing their new Billit Aluminum Height Adjustable Motor Mounts. These things are just the "cream of the crop."

Full Function Engineering height Adjustable Alum Motor Mounts: also my 2 brand new Exedy ceremetallic clutch discs and intermediate plate.

And Exhaust muffler came in as well. Nothing ooober special but nice and simple and hopefully as "under the radar as 4" can be..
Vibrant 4" inlet to dual 3" outlets

I also needed to get a sealed battery box for the track. I chose the Moroso nhra sealed battery box because I don't like metal things. It's some type of poly-whogives a hell material but it's a nice solid unit and came with all hardware as well as 3/8 bolts for the battery tie down and a clear vent tube. So I got to work installing it behind my passenger seat.

Moroso sealed batter box

Now there was a problem... the box was much larger than I had though and I didn't want to put it in the trunk... so I had to use more 3/8 bolts to raise the front end of it to fit. So the back side of the box is literally sitting on the angled sheet metal of the fram (passenger side bin area) and the front of the battery box is elevated roughly 5-7 inches..being held up in the air by the threaded bolts and nuts. there are 4 nuts securing the bolts. One on the bottom underneath the car sheet metal along with a large washer. One on top as well...accompanied by another washer... the necessary rise...then 3rd Nut/washer..the battery box and a washer/Nut on the inside. The damn thing doesn't budge. It seems VERY secure..so hopefully no one at the track says anything about it. Anyways...here's the install:

The vent through the bottom of the car

finished!

And on to other related things. someone asked what side skirts i'm using. They're knock off Mazda speed units from Bodykits.com They fit like doooo...thanks for your interest haha. I cut them quite a bit just to look decent. My body/paint guy will eventually fix them all.

The flow restriction. Still not certain of what it was. I looked at everything and I don't know if it was the Throttle body or what.....maybe the runner length of the uim didn't favor the set boost or whatever it was I still do not know. I've pulled the motor for some un-finished business and upgrades little agitating things I rushed....such as multiple grounds. I'm cleaning the engine bay, installing my new Full Function Engineering adjustable Motor Mounts, New Clutch disks and intermediate plate, AEM Fuel pressure gauge, Innovate TC-4 so I can log my EGT's, Switching back to the OEM UIM/TB/TPS/R-works Elbow and hitting the dyno again. I want to square away my Mechanicals before I even think about paint or body. Can't get ahead of myself. But Thats where I'm at right now. Waiting to get my Intercooler tube to T/B elbow with BOV fabbed up and then she all goes back together. Stay tuned guys!! Thanks for the Support!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote