View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #195
rcsmith01
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rcsmith01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUENOCOUPE
Let me just say Good Job to Jeff and Bau promoting the event. I thank you guys for this. I know that it was off you guys hand doing the registration and running the events.

This event was the worse drift event I have ever been to. Having 81 people on the grid was just insane.
I had about 16 runs thru out the day. Having to wait for two hours just to get another 4 laps was just a mess. Even when taking your 4 laps it would take 30 minutes waiting on the grid.

I expected this since its from SCCA. The best way they know how to set up an event is Auto X style.

Will I come back for another event like this? NO.

-Al
Al, you better get your ass out to the next event. People look up to you and shit... and they can learn from you. If all the experienced drivers don't go then expect more lameness from nor-cal.

yes those guys have been autox'ing for 30+ years. drifting is new to them. drifting to them is coming in too hot in a turn and getting your tail out a bit.

Maybe if we show them some option videos, some drift tengoku's or battle magazines etc, they can setup real drift configuration. for their first event it seemed to be pretty good though.

As you know in autox'ing you have to go work. I didn't see anyone working. 4 people working the track at once. what do you expect from a parking lot course. They have a lot of newbies there and SCCA has the experience to know that if you rush things, people can get hurt.

i got some pictures too. http://www.sromagazine.com/events/th...bum=285&page=1

I posted in a different thread but didn't see this one until now.
rcsmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote