Thread: S13 hatch build
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #55
Dylan22

Trader Rating: (0)
Dylan22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well it's been a while Zilvia! I've been busy driving the hell out of the car and enjoying the hard work put in over last winter. I managed to get the car out to 7 lapping days and some great drives up north through cottage country which I'm lucky enough to have just outside of the city.

To start it off, I have no major issues this summer.. I'm not even sure if I had to park the car at all, other than when I was waiting on a replacement hotpipe for the intercooler, basically the car ran awesome all year and I'm stoked about that. I made some small changes and I also helped my girlfriend purchase her first car which you will see a picture of in this post.. basically, I'm jealous.

So first, the wing was fitted to the car.

Then I dressed the engine bay up as well, at this point a few friends and I were getting a little car club together.

Met up with a friend who runs a pretty cool facebook page called Everyday Tech, check them out!

Drove the car hard some more

Then I had destroyed my cheap front tires by pushing the car at the track. I got a good deal on some real tires. R1R's 215/45 and 225/45's

Those tires obviously made a HUGE difference at the track. Turn in with the R1R's is insane, I only have 1 track day on them so looking forward to next season already.

And finally, I plasti-dipped my Work's for something different, I loved how it turned out.. a lot

So among other small things, that's how the car life turned out this summer Great times with great friends. And 2 weeks ago, my girlfriend picked this little black Nissan up..

It's a BLAST to drive. Upgrades include K Sport coils, HiStop 4 piston front brakes with 2 piece rotor, 3" turbo back exhaust, ARC top mount intercooler and some Tenzo rims on Star Spec's. It has 147k on it and we picked it up for 3500 bucks!

I have lots of plans for the s13 this winter, including a big brake upgrade for the front, full ABS delete thanks to GKTech, lots more suspension bushings, take apart the diff, drop the rear subframe to do solid bushings, strip the interior from the front seats back out of the car because I'm going full on racecar as well as an Exedy clutch, an aluminum rad and some other small bits I can't think of off the top of my head! So now that the car is about to go away you guys will be seeing some more regular updates.

Cheers!
Dylan22 is offline   Reply With Quote