View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #143
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eseago View Post
I'm new to the 240 world. I just picked up this bone stock 91 240sx hatch 5spd for $350. It has a bogging issue so it can't be driven but it runs well idling. I would like to sell the car but have no clue what it's really worth. No rust anywhere on the car and I just replaced the carpet. Is it worth it to paint the car and getting it running perfectly before selling? What should I list it at? I need the cash to finish my 91 z32 tt project. Any help or comments are welcome.
My car was having a bogging issue after I let it sit. Turns out some bad gas had clogged up the fuel filter. It idled great but under mild to heavy throttle it bogged bad. I changed the filter in 15 minutes and it cleared right up. I would give that a shot before you do anything else. Also try Seafoam.

As for you question, I would say it isn't worth it to paint the car before selling it however if you can get it to run smoothly it will definitely net you some more profit for sure. I would try the simple, easy and cheap solutions to the bogging issue (such as the fuel filter I mentioned above), but if it turns out to be difficult to solve just sell the car as is. If I were to sell the car in the exact condition it's in here in NJ I would expect to get about $2000. If it is running well, as much as $5000-$6000.

Good Luck!
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote