View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 01:30 AM   #88
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Woke up to this

As soon as the Parts Shop MAX solid bushings came in, I put them in the freezer and brought them down to -20 Celsius.

Being that this was my first time doing this, I wasn't sure how much to cut or how quickly it would cut. The sawzall made this whole process fast. I started by drilling the rubber out and then hammering out the metal centerpieces. Once that was done, I cut 2 lines so that I could punch out a section and have the metal insert taco.

I ended up using 2 1/2 inch wire wheel to hone/clear the cylinders. I then used a metal file to get rid of metal burr and file in a 45 degree taper.

The bushings were tight to start. Very difficult, my fingers hurt from how cold they were. I wrapped a towel around the bushings to prevent my fingers from freezing and smacked it with a rubber dead blow.

And then I went viral with this photo. [emoji23]

Aligning the subframe to go back into the car with a floor jack is a pain in the ass. It took me a good 2 hours to get it to work. At one point I got the subframe jammed and stuck. I was so pissed.

I'm glad I got it all back together. Tomorrow I'll blew the brakes, double check all the bolts/nuts, check ebrake, and the hopefully cruise around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk