View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #18
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
I started the car this morning with my dad who had come over to check it out, and the car had the same problem when I tried to start it before and slightly melted the Crank Angle Sensor ground wire pin in the connector. We found a bad ground at the coil and one from the motor to the body and made sure that it was grounded and the car started up after spitting up a bit. i ordered a pigtail for the CAS and will solder that together when it arrives.

it was LOOUUD as hell since it was just the header and a 12in. extension piece off of that. i need to get the throttle idle corrected and set the timing with a light not by sound. but the motor did run smooth and have plenty of oil pressure and at first the air fuel was ok but when i was lowering the idle at the throttle body the A/F settings were thrown off a bit and wouldn't stay idling and would choke/flood itself and cut/die out so I'd turn the key off. i'll have to mess with the fuel settings on the SAFC II when i get my exhaust pipe, exhaust made and get some extra backpressure as well.

i did some researching and found that NA KA24DE s13 motors don't like it when the secondary butterflies are removed from the intake manifold. the low end RPMs, (i read under 2500) power, and torque is lowered. but high end RPMs (above 2500) felt stronger.

any tips on how i can handle the tuning issue around the idle-2500 rpms if i cant solve it with dizzy timing/fuel? hopefully i don't have to get a stand alone ecu or chipped stand ecu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Where did you get that braided wire loom?
I bought it on ebay. I think it compares to the techflex brands heat-resistant loom (up to about 260*F continuous and 480*F melt)

heres a link to techflex's site and best product to describe what I bought on ebay.. Techflex - Flexo PET

I found the store that I bought it from on ebay. here is the section labeled "flame retardant". 1 4 EXPANDABLE SLEEVING FLEXO 25ft FLAME RETARD bl w items in FURRYLETTERS store on eBay!
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote