View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Jimmy's - '91 S13 240sx Super OK!

Hi! I'm Jimmy and I've lurked here and have posted in a couple of my favorite threads now for quite some time. I think it's time for a build thread of my 240sx.

I bought the car in late 2006 after I graduated for 800$ it had an Intake, Header and 3" exhaust. It had a stupid frp invader style front bumper that I ended up busting the lip up pulling into a gas station 6 months later, so I found a pignose bumper to replace it. I cant find any pictures of it before the pignose bumper.

It was maroon so I painted it to match the rest of the car and painted the faded, scratched hood primer black. I think I had owned it for about a year at this point.

I took the valve cover and intake off, cleaned them up, and painted them.

Car Stayed like that till may of 2009 when I think the head gasket had a slight crack and was eating coolant slow enough to not smoke but was MIA when I would check.

So I ordered a bunch of head parts. Brian Crower 264/264 camshafts, Brian Crower Titanium spring and retainer kit, Brian Crower .5mm bigger valves, ARP Head stud Kit, Cometic Head Gasket, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump. So I took a friends head to the machine shop and had it squared up and some new valve guides, valve seats and a 3 angle valve job and hot tanked.

Soon after, but not all at once, I ordered some interior parts, Bride GS seats from Group Buy #2 on here, Team tech Harnesses NRG Quick release, MOMO 320mm Tuner Steering Wheel, Nismo White Shift Knob, AEM Wideband o2, Stri Water Temp/Oil Pressure gauges, Apexi SAFC II.

Seats/harnesses

wheel/gauges (picture credit- Tom Janz)

About March of 2010 I ordered a Silvia Nose cut from JDM Engine Zone in Clifton NJ. when it arrived, I installed it that night in my pap's garage after work, which at the time was FREEZING!

A couple of energy drinks and some PB Blaster the old was off

I was up pretty late but got it done so I could drive it the next day.

for a while till it warmed up I drove around like that. then once the weather warmed up I primered it black and traded my trunk for one with a spoiler.

I also got some pedals at this point. Razo pedals. like the ones nakazato had in the live action Initial D.

I ordered Tanabe Sustec Pro Coilovers and bought some new wheels to go with them, Drift Z 517 wheels.

in February of 2011 I had the car painted by a friend at maaco. two-tone super white and dark grey. the day I brought it home, I put the black stripe on it before work.

after I painted the wheels silver I went to a couple meets and car shows with it.

(photo credit-Tom Janz)

my soon to be wife and I were moving out into our own place so I kind of stopped working on it and was just driving it. that's when I picked up a 92 Nissan Hardbody from a co-worker for 350$ despite sitting for a year it was a solid frame and ok body. since it was a parts truck and owned by my friend for a looong time I knew the engine and transmission was good.

the day I brought it home.

2 weeks later I did a full tune up. new filters, oil, belts, plugs/wires/cap/rotor.

a week after that a d21 pickup friend gave me some blocks/shackles and sold me a set of wheels. we painted it in his garage gloss winter grey.

a little bit later he sold me some flares.

both vehicles in the driveway..

one foggy morning before work.

also did an LED Lights in the cluster.

before

after

with the others lit up

OCT 2011 snow...

cont.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links