View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
Rockhoundrob1

Trader Rating: (0)
Rockhoundrob1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I think I found the problem! It is the turn-signal switch. After looking at the wiring diagram closer- I realized that when you turn the switch "OFF"- it really is not open. It send ANOTHER signal to close the headlights. I bought a replacement turn-signal switch and will get it Tues.

A quick test can confirm this problem.
1) remove the steering column cover.
2) disconnect the light brown connector that is on the left side of the steering column. This is the wire you see coming out of the turn-signal switch shaft.
3) Jump a wire into the light-blue and orange-blue wire to the connector side that comes from the steering column. The headlights should go down.
5) If not, check that you have 12 volts on the light blue wire.
6) If you have voltage, then your problem could be a bad relay #3, bad headlight motor, bad headlight button (on the dash panel), or a bad headlight timer.

Another test is to check the wires coming out of the shaft. Check that you have 0 ohms on the light-blue and Orange -Blue wire- WHEN the headlight knob is OFF. Then turn the headlight ON and you should read "Open". If the readings are bad, then your problem is the knob at the end of the headlight shaft. easier to replace the whole turn signal.
Rockhoundrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote