View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #139
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I've found adding too much new technology to old cars can be more detrimental than beneficial. Face it, most big companies these days are not going out and real world testing new technology on old machines. It is just being passed down because it worked great on a newer car. The older stuff is tried and tested and usually built for this old tech.

I have run into issues such as buying fancy new style tension rods with the curve in them for clearance and all that mess, only to have one break on me at top of 3rd gear mid drift. So now I run Ikeya Formula ones. They work, they look cool, and they were fairly priced. I know people who have run fancy new clutches and broken transmission after transmission only to eventually switch to older technology and be fine. I run an ORC twin plate, no issues. I used to run Enthalpy, and an old Haltech, never had rocker arm issues, switched to an infinity, broke a rocker right away.

Point is, we are talking about 20+ year old cars with 20+ year old components. Some of these JDM companies have been working on these parts for all 20+ of those years. It works pretty well. If its not broke don't fix it.

Of course, as I mentioned earlier I do have an AEM Infinity in my car, still in there even after the rocker arms, because there are some things I personally prefer to be newer, and I enjoy the logging capabilities. It took some time for me to figure out what to do about the rocker things, but there was basically no good info out there because it is so new. Also most largely because tuners in the US tend to prefer new technology. If I lived in Japan, I would probably have a PFC.

Oh and Super D rocked. Being able to drift in 3rd and 4th gear does not make you a good drifter.