View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
nissanfreak317
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
nissanfreak317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat92240 View Post
I re-did the interior harness while I was at it (didn't need any of the seatbelt wiring harnesses, HUD harness, instrument cluster harness, interior lights, etc) so thats added in to this.

But as you know, a lot of the fusebox harness routes around the drive side of the engine bay, under the rad support, and then into the fusebox. Theres also wiring on the passanger side into the fusebox. So I pulled the whole harness that routes around the drive side engine bay back into the car and ran it across the interior behind the dash. I then pulled the passanger side wire harness back through to the interior as well.

Then you weed out all the wiring that needs to go to the side markers, turn signals, headlights, motors, factory horns if you're keeping them, rad fans, wiper motor booster, and anything else you're planning on keeping.

Send those wires out the side they're needed, tucking them through the factory groumits in the wheel well area, run them down the length of the car inside the engine bay in the channel where the fender bolts go.

I'll post pictures tomorrow of where I ran everything to keep it all clean and factory tomorrow if I remember.

Conservative estimate though...If the cars apart (fenders off, bumper off, dash out) 4-6 hours to do it right. (heat shrink on proper connections for any shortened or extended wires, re-looming everything, re-taping everything to the groumits when sending it back out again) Assuming you have all the connectors and any extra wiring needed handy. Also make sure to get some painters tape and a marker to mark any wires you extend or shorten. Thats a must or you're going to have a hell of a time finding all the wires again.

Make sure you have some (AT LEAST) 8 gauge wire to extend the starter wire, alternator wires, and any other larger gauge wiring that go to the distribution box or battery as well. Obviously dependent on where you plan on relocating the battery 4 gauge is prefereable.

This is great info, thanks! My car is completely stripped down so it should go along just like you have laid out.

Have decent pop-up front to trade with oem hood + vis racing carbon fiber hood if interested.
nissanfreak317 is offline   Reply With Quote