View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #28
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
...The age old "S chassis kids are too cheap" copout is beginning to die out because it isn't really kids that are building and restoring S13s anymore...
the 240sx scene still consists of late teens to mid 20 somethings. i deal with them all day, every day on FB as i have to frequently advertise and hustle in the FB forums... and yes, kids in the 240sx scene are a bit "cheap", generally have a "hive mentality" regarding what parts to use, have a very different attitude and idea towards these cars than we did/do aaaaaand were raised in the scene with the idea of "destroying a car drifting is cool" (which really plays into how they treat one another as well, social media is a fucking cesspool of negativity anymore).

now i do find it amusing when someone posts a super clean S-Chassis for sale for like $8000-$15,000 (depending on quality of build) and everyone moans, groans and throws around "drift tax". i am genuinely amazed how people dont understand the term "supply in demand". when supply goes down and the demand is still there, the price goes up... simple as that. but i tend to lean toward the notion that kids involved with 240s in current times have grown up in a society where things are very plentiful, most items are simply throw away as a newer, better version comes out every 6 months to a year and the younger generation was never really taught to appreciate the things they have because one day they may not have them... or theyll have to pay top dollar for them.

most of us "old guys" have a very different view of these cars and we treat/build them much differently. but also, most of us old dudes are now well into our 30s and damn near pushing 40. theres a few exceptions out there, but for the most part... the 240sx made a name for itself in drifting in the 90s, carried into the 2000s, and as drifting got more and more "extreme" and "abusive", that ideology was embedded into the minds of the younger kids who dont care about trashing their cars in the name of drifting and they simply dont have the financial means, patience or attention spans to build things out or take care of them the way they should.

hell, ive had my current S13 for 9 years this July... and im FINALLY back on the "get the stupid car done" bandwagon. my hatch has sat for 2 1/2 years with very little getting done to it. but over the 9 years of ownership, i didnt take my car out and trash it via the drift course. i invested my money into my business and built something that at least gives back to the 240sx scene in letting us "old guys" buy the old school aero parts we all grew up with and loved. but yeah, i think us "old guys" have much different views on 240sx's in general, we now have the means to build or restore a car without a lot of financial issues and were just in a much different place in life than we were some 15 years ago.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote