View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 06:57 PM   #4
barshroom

Trader Rating: (0)
barshroom is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeKS14 View Post
I'd look into a 1" bmc. I'm on a z32 front / stock rear setup with a 15/16 bmc and I'll be looking into the 1" z32tt with a z32 booster when I convert my rears later this summer.

https://importnut.net/the-definitive...cylinder-swap/

Some light reading for thought.

Short answer no, your stiff pedal is due to fluid dynamics. Contrary to what you think, the LARGER you go on bmc diameter the stiffer the pedal will be. Pressure is force/area. Larger area, same force = less pressure. You can fix your stiff pedal issue by going down a size in BMC piston diameter or installing a larger booster.

I would check for air in the lines but what you're describing is a common 17/16 complaint when using the stock s14 booster.
Ive read that importnut link inside out prior to doing anything to the car. I agree that the larger diameter master will reduce clamping force and move more fluid under less pressure... giving a stiff pedal, but, what im looking for is if anyone switched over from stock s chassis rears to z32 and noticed a difference. I love the stiff pedal feel but the lack of travel is what is concerning me.
barshroom is offline   Reply With Quote