View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #45
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
95KA-turbo, that tension rod setup makes sense! Thanks! It looks like the Ikeya Formula arms, just more basic. But you could definitely adjust tension rod position if you made them yourself.

Also those knuckles look crazy similar to the Driftworks ones. Right down to the bushings, haha.

So here's a thought;

Say you have PSM knuckles, which already correct for bump steer. Then you get SPL tie rod ends, which have spacers to correct for bumpsteer. Third, you move the inner pivot point of the control arm up and install SPL's spacers to space the tie rod down even farther. Wouldn't this make the tie rods parallel to the new control arm location?

I know it's kind of a drastic amount of adjustment, but it should work.

I wanted to draw this in paint, but I can't find a good picture to do it with.

You can move the tension rods up a little bit, seeing as with decently high spring rates they don't move up and down a whole lot. Also, what about mounting the tension rod to the bottom of the control arm instead of the top?

And no one has any idea of where you actually want your roll center? To me, stock makes sense. All of my ideas won't really matter if it's ideal to have your roll center farther down than stock, as you won't need such drastic adjustment, hahaha.

BTW, thanks for all the input and compliments guys, I'm really enjoying this thread!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote