View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:58 PM   #21
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
For future reference I always heat up the transmission around the drain plug first with a torch and then it comes right out.
This right here is golden information ^^^^^^^

I always take map gas and heat the area around the plug and the plug itself. You absolutely do not want to over do it being that its aluminium & will crack if you go overboard. So not glowing red or anything crazy.

Also use a 6" extension do not put the drive directly in. I usually will wrap a bit of PTFE around it.

I have had some that were beyond Fu*ked. I drill them out with a 7/8 drill bit and use a big boy extractor. Mine is made by Matco but all truck brands have them made by the same company & have their brand name slapped on them.

You will need to grab the magnet that is going to stick directly above the drill point & flush the trans a few times with cheap stuff then do your final fill.