View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #54
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb1517 View Post
You didn't answer the question.
I know if you buy EMS in volume you can usually get about 35-40% off list price, so probably about 825-735 dollars per UNIT car for brand new units (at least from who I talked to regarding wholesale or direct volume pricing).

If you own 5 SR cars per your example though... you would only have to buy ONE PFC and then just swap it from car to car and change the maps by simply loading a map in, takes seconds.

I have a couple customers who do this. They also do this with the a plug and play unit that (Starts with an H ends with a C) , you just buy multiple Patch Harnesses and one H*****C ECM. You can then use that ONE unit on your: Toyota, Nissan, Mistu, Honda etc etc, and can swap it from car to car.

So it's just one time charge of 1K and each seperate patch harness for each different make/model car is 150-200 bucks per car.

I am not trying to compare the Nis-tune on this pretex though. Nis-Tune is not a full standalone EMS, it is a solution for tuning the Fuel Maps and Timing maps on the Nissan ecus that is a bit more affordable than a ECU Replacement unit and I think it does a good job of doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Steve, the amount of time you have spent talking about how the software should be free you could have tuned 2 cars, which would have paid for your license and made you some profit.

Its cool, you have an opinion and your entitled to that. However you have already stated it and were tired of hearing it now. No one is forcing you to do nistune. If you dont fine, if you do your going to have to pay just like everyone else.

I have enough time to do both. It really doesnt take any "time" really to just reply case by case to a thread regarding questions and info. That is just part of what i do as a contributing member of the forum. Which by the way this is one of the only ones I still do come on.

We all get bummed about lots of things. I was going to keep this quiet because i didnt want to bitch about another companys business model like you however im quite upset about this. Although AVP (me and andy) are #1 in US sales for nistune however we dont meet a rule to sell uprev. We dont have a dyno, we use a friendly shops down the street. I dont want to spend $60k on a DD when ther is one minutes away owned by some good people that i dont want to compete with.

I'm sorry that you are bummed out? I am not bummed out about anything if that is what you are inferring? I am in a great mood today actually. Sorry you are not.

What is a rule? I am not sure what you are talking about in your example?

I don't personally own the DD, Mike Kondo does, from the Partner, if you have ever gone on my site at all you would see this...

Look up uprev and tell me what you think about that. Its a cheap cable and really REALLY expensive software. No real hardware. Should the cable cost 900 and the software be free?
I dont really know what you are trying to say about uprev?

No pictures of what they are selling, I am assuming it is just a link cable to the ECU data port? and you can read or write directly off of it without needing any modification etc?
So they are selling an interface Software? Not a hardware stand-in?

Sorry I really am not trying to get off topic here but I am trying to address your point now