View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #39
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Im just going to get to the point. Im not trying to be a dick.

Nistunes business plan has worked so far, it has also made it world wide when that wasnt the plan at first. Why change a business plan that works? Especially when you are officially the 1st and only person I have heard of with such complaints?

They are not going to take business advice from anyone. I dont blame them either.

You never hear people using nistune be unhappy with it unless the real problem is on their end.

If you want to tune a nissan ecu for free download tuner pro, get a consult cable, a chip burner, a standard daughter board, and 2 emmulators and have at it, for free! You make the same tune as you can with a nistune board and software, its just not as easy and the software typicially sucks. Nistune does not add features to your ecu, it just allows you to change the existing parameters, just like tuner pro rt.
NOW if you want to be able to tune a nissan ecu easier, with better software and less hardware cough up the money for the software or shut up. Youve gotta pay to play. Nistune is a luxury. You can walk to dinner for free, or you can take a limo, but dont expect the limo to be free.
I think you guys are taking Steve's comments the wrong way. He's asking for clarification on a few issues he's seen/had. A few of them were answered by that guy from Nistune. Which is great. Notice he's not beating a dead horse about those questions.

Also notice, you "sideways" guys, that just calling names and saying things like "let me break it down for you in simple first grade mathematics" doesn't help people see the merit in this thread OR the product. I automatically think, "hey look, if I become a part of the Nistune users I can be a part of a group of dickheads!" If you have a REAL answer to a question then answer. If you don't fully understand where Steve is coming from then ask him to clarify his question.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong Steve, that his issue is not that he's trying to get them to change their operating model. I think his issue is that he DOES have experience with Nistune. His experience was that someone bought a second hand Nistune and couldn't get Steve to tune it like he would have if the person would have bought a NEW Nistune.

Now I know you can just go buy a new license of Nistune software. But I think that's kinda doing a disservice to the customers. If I had bought a Power FC or AEM EMS or Haltech from someone second hand then I wouldn't have to call the company to buy the tuning software to use it. (I'm assuming here cause I've never bought these. lol)

That's my .02 cents.

Let's try to keep it on topic and leave the useless name-calling and finger-pointing out of here.