View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 11:12 AM   #48
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Im back!
Unfortunally i dont have that many updates. This is because of some stress related health issues and the fact that my company no longer allows me to do private work at the workplace. But luckily my wife and i are moving to a house with a small shed where i can do all my funny business.

I ordered a metal slam panel on croooober, but didnt like the raw metal look. So i wrapped it in some leftover carbon fiber. Its very good practice, and i actually am very pleased with the result.

I also ordered some copper pigment that i tried to put into some of the epoxy, It looks cool, but im not gonna use it on the car.

Over a year ago i bought a cheap dash, that i wanted to do something to. In the start i wanted to integrate some 52mm holes for gauges, but figured that it would be to 2005. So i desided just to flock it. I went on ebay and ordered a complete flocking kit and went crazy.
This was a BIG mistake!
The "glue" was some paint that dried so fast that 3 people couldnt put it on properly, so we had to put it on over 3 days - and it looks like shit. Im very displeased, but you can see the result in the pictures.

Next project will be to remove the flocking from the dash and try something else.

Another really bad thing about the car - we have to install a new radiator core support as mine is bend more than we thought. I ordered and paid it 2 month ago, and hopefully it will arrive in the end of this month.

But i received my Work Euroline DH wheels! This have been hell. The danish postal service is extremely bad. Dont know anything about customer service.
The story is kinda funny though. I ordered the wheels from Crooober in Japan with cheapest shipping (about 2 months of shipping) It arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark. The danish postal service returned the wheels to japan because they were to heavy. Didnt even give me the opportunity to drive 300km to pick them up myself. And they were returned by air. A few days after i was contacted by Crooober customerservice telling me that the wheels have been returned and suggested to ship my 4 wheels in 4 individually packed boxes. I agreed and waited another 1½-2 months.
All 4 wheels arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark and was there untill i paid the import charges. This was done instantly.

The 2 first wheels was delivered at my work where they were left together with some trash and my colleague was very close to throw them out. I contacted the postalservice and said i have never received anything, and the day after the deliveryman came by and asked if we didnt find the wheels, I told him that we had the wheels there the whole time, but i just wanted to make it perfectly clear for him that NEVER leave packages without a signature at a company.

Wheel number 3 came a few days later and it was signed for.

But wheel number 4...
Ohh boy... Let me repeat that the danish postalservice have the WORST customerservice ever!
I wrote to them telling that i can see the package havent been released from customs. They said it was because i havent paid the import fees - i had, and had proof of this. They couldnt help and told me to call their customerservice. I called the customerservice, waited around 30 minutes and because they dont have access to the import-information. I was told to call another number. This was a direct line and it only took 5 minutes. Here i was told to send the receipt of the import fee to the same mail-address as i wrote to in the start... After a week i called again, and they couldnt find the fucking package!!!
In the end the last wheel arrived, so i now have a complete set of Work Euroline DH 18x8/9.

As stated in the start, my wife and i are moving in the near future. So she thought it was smart to sell our sofa. So i was an opportunity for a bit of interior design!

My mechanic talked something about us needing some conrod bolts and nuts. So i ordered a set of ARP.

Last but not least, my wife needed a car, and i wanted my daily driver back, so we sold our Suzuki WagonR (that i wanted to make widebody) and she bought a Toyota Yaris Hybrid. Fun little car if you can get used to the e-cvt gearbox.

I hope that the next update will come within a month or so
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote