Thread: CO emissions
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
its kinda all those things in one... they do a quick visual inspection where they check for your cat, o2, egr/smog pump and check for any CELs. If you have a CEL it's just and "advise" condition, not an automatic fail like in CA. After that they pull your car onto a dyno where they put the sniffer cone behind your exhaust and run the car through the test. It varies the driving condition simulating going from stop to city speeds, then to a stop and then getting up to highway speeds. Once that test is done they pull it up to test the gas cap and you're done. Avg. test time is about 20mins. start to finish.

Some stations are stricter than others. Like I said, the station on Lipan hooked me up, but the one just down in Sheridan tagged me for no EGR and they couldn't verify the serial no. on my cat. for whether or not it was emissions legal. Needless to say, I didn't go back there.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote