View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
tdaffern
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tdaffern is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up The reason why my wife hates me s13 hatch build.... :) Lake Havasu City Az

Why my wife hates me s13 hatch build

Flickr links for more pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/s13phocker/

Flickr: troy_daffern's Photostream

To start off i was looking to trade my GSXR 750 for a 240sx for almost 6 months. After a long search i found one in Kansas so off i went to pick up my car in August of last year. Took me and a friend 4 days to go from Arizona to Kansas and back mostly non stop driving other then gas and food.
What I found was a 1991 240sx hatch with a sr20det.
Mods list as the car came
Sr20det
Xs power FMIC
T28
GODSPEED coils
s14 seats
AIT body kt
First gen megan manifold
Greddy dump pipe
Tanabe down pipe
Egay Exhaust
Parts bin with extra parts

As the car sat leaving Kansas

The first thing me and my friend did to the car.

Mount body kit because it was falling off all the way back from Kansas. We also noticed a crap load of leaks ie front main seal - trans - radiator. Plus the camber was fucked and we had to get that sorta fixed because i was going to use the car as a D/D for work.
So after driving for a little over a month we decided to clean the engine bay up.

That lead to :
finding a power steering set up
relocating the boost solenoid
cleaning up the vacuum lines
hooking up my Boost gauge
Fix the Bat relocation kit that was really shitty
plus some other minor stuff

What i started with

one fucked up harness

What I ended up with after 3 weeks of work

A cleaned up harness

As the car was before everything below this picture started.

After about 6 more weeks of driving the car i decided to clean it up some more and install some trick machine fasteners - aluminum radiator - E-Fans - cooling panel - and a new radiator mount.

My friend made the cooling panel - radiator mount and the E-Fan shroud.

I didnt get a chance to drive it due to one of the E-Fans having a broken blade. Thanks to Enjuku for sending me a new one out with no real issue.

While waiting for the E-fan we decided to pull the fenders to do a wire harness tuck because i want to drop the car another 3'' and go with 40mm front over fenders and 50mm rear over fenders.

Us tucking the harnesses and bashing the seam line up.

While we were tucking the harness we located some over fenders in california. So we went on a drive to get them. We couldn't really wait to test fit them.

After the test fit we noticed there was still going to be a issue with the front and back rubbing. So we both said fuck it lets TUB and STITCH WELD the bitch.

so the motor came out

And the Tubing began

Today we stripped most the glue joints and wire wheeled them for stitch welding.

Plans for tomorrow is to locate a boat trailer fender and get some sheet metal to fill in the wholes we have made.

Last edited by tdaffern; 11-07-2012 at 10:34 PM..
tdaffern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links