Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #46
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Model 250i Load Control System

* About Model 250i Load Control
* The System includes..

LOAD CONTROL SYSTEM DESCRIPTION

The Dynojet Load Control System was developed through years of experience with over 5,600 dynamometer installations worldwide. The design is easy to operate and provides the function of steady-state load control.

Dynojet's Load Control System uses the latest in eddy current power absorption technology, which combines with our easy-to-use software to give any technician repeatable, consistent results. The Load Control software provides a technician with the ability to control vehicle RPM or speed at any throttle opening. Through our exclusive closed-loop software design, the vehicle is automatically held at the pre-determined setting.

With the addition of the optional torque cell package, the dyno has the capability of a more complete range of tests, including step and sweep tests and wind drag simulation.

Quoted from their site. They are Eddy current load controls, I've used one, and was involved in its install at National Speed in Wilmington NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post

by Steve

Yep, you are SOOOO right.

That one just happens to be on a Motorcycle dyno, but the same holds for some of their more top end models such as the 424xLC2, which also has an eddy current load control system.