Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #146
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Update....

So as stated earlier in the build, I choose ChaseBays for my engine harness fabricator. There were a few factors that went into that decision, but I knew they didn't always deliver the goods on-time as told. However, that wasn't a huge problem for me. I still have items to complete on the car and finding the time to do that is starting to get increasingly difficult.

Anyway, the harness arrived today along with the Haltech Platinum Sport 2000. I'll get to installing it as soon as I can take a breathe from work. It is starting to get quite busy and overtime is unfortunately a must. Oh well, I can always use the extra cash.

I bought some Weds SA60M's in Matte Black w/machining sizes 18x9 +23, 18x10 +36 for the S14. I really dig the concave faces and styling of the wheel, however, the color choices were slim. Gloss Black/blue and Matte Black/machining were the only two options available and needless to say, Matte Black was definitely blacker than I anticipated and darker than the factory pictures showed. That color was not going to work with my Ruby Pearl S14. Regardless, the money was spent and they were already in my hands, so there was no returning them. I searched locally for a quality powder coating shop, preferably one that specialized in wheels. C2 powder coating of Sarasota, Fl. was my shop of choice. They do wheels all day, every day, so it really was a no brainer. I dropped them off and because of scheduling conflicts and good ole' BS, I picked them up two weeks later. I chose KingSport Gray and they turned out beautiful. Its in the lines of gunmetal, with slightly more metallic in it. I'm extremely pleased with the way they turned out. I'm hoping to have the tires mounted/balanced sometime this week, if the time is available.

I'll get some more updates coming faster, as everything is here to finish the car minus some sensors. I'm still pushing for early next year turn key, however, as always my schedule is all over the place. Thanks for looking as always.