View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 12:11 PM   #25
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
1. I recommend a compression test, take all plugs out, spin the motor with a battery charger to help, write it down

2. CAS off to the side is a warning flag. I've never seen an engine do that or need that. Sounds like you need to try another timing light or a different procedure (try using a plug wire instead of the coilpack wires) or maybe the cam isn't installed correctly? What size cam and does it run rough?

3. Timing should stop jumping around once you unplug the TPS. If it does not, could be a poor wiring of the tps sensor causing noise in the tps signal. Or an issue with idle speed, does the idle change because of an air leak maybe?

4. Pressure test the plumbing after the compression test

5. Are you using the correct mark? On the damper iirc it goes -5 0 5 10 15 20

Summary
Compression and pressure test, check tps wiring, use a different timing light

The ultimate test is, does the car drive normal, have good compression and make the correct power. If you think its good to go it will drive normal and then take it to a dynojet and put down the right amount of juice and /done
compression is fine it's got about 8k-9k miles on it since it was rebuilt and it actually drives fine as it sits with the cas the way it is. Doesn't hesitate/hiccup or nothing. Maybe rpms are a bit too high (tac doesn't work though) which is why im trying to find a 14pin consult port to get an accurate reading of where everything is.

TPS wiring is fine (just installed a brand new wiring specialties harness a month ago so wires are new).

and on the timing light i borrowed a friends light (snap on light with a dial) but I went ahead and bought one from autozone so that's 2 lights already.

on the cams it's tomei poncams (the drop in ones 258 Int/exh.) the dials are on the marks no issues there.

and on the mark yes im using the right one (the second one from right to left 15*deg mark).

I will say before i drove the car every day no issues and the CAS was sitting as it sits now almost maxed to one side, however i've always heard people say it should be centered or close to so im wondering if some cas' sit a little different (i'd imagine it shouldn't but maybe it does??)