View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
the3SecondJerk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks! It is pretty clean and the original Blue Pearl shines so good in the sun

I probably should refrain from this but I have no self-restraint. The perceived value has really nothing to do with a RWD drivetrain configuration from any random manufacturer. I think you may be basing your argument on engine and performance alone rather than rarity of particular models and options from particular manufacturers; to which an enthusiast or collector may favor. A rare version of anything will always garner extra attention from enthusiast and collector alike. Am I saying an LS1/BN6 97-98 240sx will ever be worth $50k-$1M+ like a rare American muscle car with a big engine? Definitely no. But will an unmolested, very low production (& rare original paint) vehicle be worth more and be much more desirable? Absolutely. Even nice older (stock) Z cars can and do sell for well over $20K and it isn't really about their (comparatively high) production numbers or horsepower and it really hasn't been derailed by the existence of the Fairlady Z of the same chassis. An as an aside there might be more 70-73 240Zs floating around than 97-98 240SXs :P

BTW and just to refute some your arguments because I'm stubborn like that:

Quote:
IN 5-10 years, S14s will fall into the 25 year rule, and the market drastically opens up
For what it's worth BN6 S14a Silvias are pretty rare in their own right.

Quote:
... GENUINE S14a/S14b/Silvia chassis as compared to the majority of wrecked or cobbled together North American pieces.
This IS a GENUINE S14/a chassis.

Quote:
...import a much cleaner GENUINE S14a/S14b/Silvia chassis
I doubt there are many MUCH cleaner ones in the world.

Last edited by the3SecondJerk; 08-20-2015 at 10:29 AM..
the3SecondJerk is offline   Reply With Quote