View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #98
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
TheRealSy90--- Thats my favorite style, simple and clean.
tuzzio--- Thanks !!!
afishysilvia--- Shes awesome and im glad shes helping me with the build.

Ive since parked the car in the garage for the winter and made the decision to start the next major build project of the car. Since every time i bring up about wanting RHD, i always get the response, "just sell your car and buy a Silvia." OR "why drive RHD in the US?" i think at this point in my build i have done too much work to the car (NOT in a sentimental way) to just give up/let go of this thing, I've had for 11 years and buy another just to put the same amount of work to make it this way again (shaved,tubs,ect, ect). plus i would have to find the right buyer and with today's s-chassis market, its hard to find someone that knows how to put a value on a car with the amount of time and effort into a (what i think is a proper) build it seems. plus it has turned into a piece of art for me and i don't really drive it all that often anyway and i want to make it mine by doing things that make it unique.

So, onto what is happening now!!!

Put the car up in the air.

Wheels off

After thinking/staring at the car with the wheels off for a bit, this is when i decided that it is time to start the next major part of the build.

Rear subframe out with the help of the lovely, handy, helpful fiance'

I went under the car thinking there was a bunch of rust, but to my surprise just a couple spots are just surface rusted and the fuel lines are rotted...

My mom got me an engine stand for my birthday so i put it together and started digging through my back-ups in the garage (wich is why i am making this post about the build)

TIME FOR A TURBO BUILD!!!!!

The next thing to do is pull the interior, front end apart, and engine/trans out.

i am going to start with the rear end build first then get to the engine and prep for a RHD firewall swap when i pull the engine for the build.

Engine is going to be a mild 300~400hp build when done. (balanced crankshaft with and rods/pistons)
High mount intercooler setup to keep the bay clean and quick throttle response.
Since i have a TIG welder, ill build my own Manifold.
i see turbo stuff all the time but i am still new to the parts needed for the build.
Just browsing the net, ill probably get the TOMEI kit.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote