View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 12:20 AM   #22717
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post

Previous owner did an auto to manual conversion and left all of the extra plugs and wires by the battery and fuse/relay box and I have no idea what they are for.

I'm trying to clean up the engine bay and make the wiring neater. Can I unloom the stock harness, and cut most of this shit out and reloom it? Car runs great, but is a mess in the bay. Ive looked at the auto to manual threads and it says the only 2 things to do are splice the parking switch together and wire reverse lights, which are done already. But those threads also have those connectors still connected to another harness.
Yes you can remove those wires, most/all terminate at the auto trans ecu connector under the dash.

When I did my conversion, I used some of those wires to hook up some accessories without having to run extra wires through the firewall, kept it neat and clean.

I'm not sure about s13, but on the s14 all of those wires come to the fuse/relay box, then branch out from there. For those unused connectors, I just cut the wires off in that fuse box and taped the ends. Should give you the same affect you're looking for without delooming the entire engine bay harness. Plus it'll leave you some extra wires you can use for a boost gauge, boost controller, or oil pressure sensor, etc.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote