View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #32
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I am going to open the small hole in the inner fender and take fresh air from that location. It rains all the time here and lots of big puddles to splash up, and I use a paper cone so water is no good with paper. It would probably disintegrate. So I am in a similar position and have been giving this much thought.

I think what I Will try is an aluminum panel that opens facing rearward, so it will not catch rain. And then open the hole some more (already opened it a bit as is).

The sickest solution is a large flat air cleaner embedded into the core support that feeds from the hood in such a way that is water-friendly. But that is unrealistic. However, a similar approach may be used if you have access to 3d printing, some kind of small box would be made to fit a space and use a common filter. Today though there are many cone style filters to choose from so its rarely a pressing issue. More like a finishing touch.

The main thing being of course, to keep the filter in the engine bay and protect it from water. While still giving it access to outside air. I am in the process of walling off that corner of the engine bay so that it only shares 'outside air' and not engine bay air. or something like that. I think I just had an idea...

The best fans I can recommend for all swaps are those Altima dual fans, $85 shipped from ebay works fantastic here in florida, ls no issues
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote