View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #21
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
s14 Updates

Booo none left eh? Figures...

So anyways, I found some time today to take my brake booster off my S14 and bring it to that place I was telling you guys about. If you've never taken your brake booster off before, it's... sort of a pain in the ass. Nothing super super crazy, but anyways... here's what I had to do:

I lowered my steering column a bit otherwise it was super hard to reach the pin holding the push rod of the brake booster to the brake pedal. When it comes time to reinstall the rebuilt booster into the car, I might just pull the steering column out entirely for more space. No way in hell I'll be able to play with the adjustment / lock nut with that in the way.

Then there's this SOB. This is the piece that connects the brake pedal to the booster rod. Notice the extra piece of plastic at the end. So basically, even if you remove the lock pin, you still gotta pinch that plastic part together to be able to pull the whole piece out. Not sure how I managed to do it without breaking it off. I think I just got lucky.

This part is fairly straight-forward then. Gotta remove the master cylinder and brake lines. Fkn sucks because I wasn't planning to flush/bleed my brake fluid. But there ya go.

Here's my old brake booster. You can see some of the crap at the front of it from times throughout the years of spilling brake fluid or leaky master cylinders.

And here's the front of the shop. I expect to have the booster back in about a day or two and then MAYBE reinstall it before the weekend is over.

The name of the shop is Power Brake Master over in Santa Fe Springs in SoCal. So far, the experience is good... I gave it to the guy I spoke to over the phone (Luis). Seems like a nice guy. The price quoted is $150 - $200 depending on whether anything on the inside is broken or if seals just need to be replaced.

Let you guys know soon how that turns out. According to Luis, he's been getting a lot of crappy Autozone remanufactured boosters coming in. Those ones remanned by Cardone. Anyways, he sounds pretty confident with his work, and it will come with a 1yr warranty anyways. I'll get back to yalls again soon.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote