View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

2020:

2019:

Finally getting back into the mood of working on my hatch. I picked this 93 240sx up back in 2012 from a buddy that had recently acquired a shell with FD cage. I heard that this hatch originally came from the Portland/PDX area where the previous owner drag raced it at PIR. It had an SR20DET in it, but my buddy Kyle took it out for his track car. I ended up buying the rolling shell from him with 5 lug, Z wheels, and Nardi steering wheel. I bought a 96 KA24DE off a guy in Auburn WA, ended up swapping to an S13 intake and cleaning the motor up.

Shawn "Teriyaki Media" posing for the camera, we were out at NWToyRun 2016 doing what us media guys do best

Over the fall, I did a wire tuck to my hatch in efforts to clean up the bay. I didn't anticipate a few things, long story short I'll be order a few spools of wire and re-wiring my headlights and turn signals.

I picked up polyurethane side skirts off my buddy Jordan Peterson back in February, threw them on to match the pignose lip.

The other day I noticed my bank account had a comma, not to common. I decided to pick up a downpipe, wideband, and FMIC.

Today I headed to my storage unit to pick at my longblock. I've been saving this longblock for a rebuild. I really need to polish this turd.

Pulled this sump/pan off in a few minutes... really stoked to finally making moves on this KA-T after sitting on a turbo kit for like a year.

While I was at my storage unit, I dug through a few boxes and realized holy shit I have an OEM headgasket laying around! I think I might slap this onto my 96 KA and tighten her head down with ARP studs!

When I got home, I figured out where I'd drill into the pan... I don't have access to any fab tools so I might ask a buddy for a favor. Drill and weld it!

Below is what my hatch looks like right now. When I bought it as a rolling shell, I was told it had moonlight pearl off the Z33. If that's true, I need to find someone to paint my pig nose bumper and side skirts!

Below, a concent I was toying around with in Photoshop... How often do you see a pignose hatch, 2-tone? Panda style? I'm thinking about do this and eventually getting a BN kit. Sweet rims can come later... Maybe 17x9.5 +15 front and 18x10.5 +? rear.

Last edited by Wykydtron; 05-19-2020 at 05:12 PM..
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links