View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #11
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Check continuity from your ecu (the hub of wires not the ecu itself) to your ignition coils to check for broken connections. This might be a year ahead of yours but a link to the fill wiring diagram http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=650138
You are right about the ecu resetting itself, but I recommend checking for codes before you disconnect the harness. Try to start your car a couple of times. Take your ECU, turn the small dial on the side all the way to the right (diagnostics mode) , be sure to mark where it was initially. Do not start the car but put it in the on position (where you can hear the fuel pump prime) and read the red led. The first blinks are the first number of the code and will blink slowly, and a second series of blinks will be the second number ( for example a slow blink three times, followed by five fast blinks is the code 35 )
Alright so I tried to get the codes off the ecu when I realized there's no power going to the ecu because the lights would not come on at all. Also the car is no longer getting fuel either because the fuel pump does not prime anymore. I tested to see if the ecu had 12v coming out of it's connections. One out of all of them read 12v. All the others were all over the place reading 7v, 9v, and others would read open loop. As far as the continuity test went, first I tested with one lead on the fuel injector. I got open loop for all holes. Then I tested for the coil. I got 0.3 ohms at one of the holes and 15 ohms at a different one. Neither of which matched up to the ones in the wiring diagram.
Any more ideas?
Otherwise I think I am going to get a different harness because the one I have is pretty hacked up already.
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote